1. What is the price for your product?
The price of the animatronic dinosaurs will be in term of the specific request of client. The price is varied by size, movements, colors, posture, skin colors, and skin patterns. The client tells us what dinosaur looks like and how it moves to interact with audience, and the price will be provided upon the completion of above required information.
2. What is your production period?
Depending on the actual request, 10-40 days.
3. Why do you spend a longer time in the production compared to other suppliers?
We are focusing on “quality” instead of “quantity”, and product in high quality needs more time.
The reasons are displayed:
1) to order reliable and qualified pneumatic actuators and electrical actuators from our suppliers, the parts are shipped overseas to China;
2) to design the customized motions and posture of dinosaur in order to meet different needs of client;
3) to spend enough time in welding and testing joints to ensure the quality and strength of the weld;
4) will run the mechanical frames for 72 hours for mechanical and electrical checks and testing;
5) to paint the skin colors and skin patterns of dinosaur strictly followed by the picture provided by the client;
6) to proceed reliability test upon the completion of the production for another 100 hours.
4. Will your dinosaur be capable of withstanding extreme weather conditions, such as frozen, hot?
Yes. In extreme weather conditions, the electronics inside the control enclosures are very possibly affected under subzero and hot weathers, so we have designed a thermostat in the control box, the device starts to make the built-in calorifier warm the entire controller while ambient temperature goes below 2°C and to stop working while the temperature reaches 5°C. Also, in order to prevent an overheat of controller under hot weather, the built-in mini fan can keep the system cool.
5. Is the sound for your dinosaurs synchronized to the mouth movements of the dinosaurs?
Yes. Through our particular design, the mouth will gradually move first, and then sound follows immediately afterward, making it look like the dinosaur opened its mouth a little before sound off. The sound ends as the mouth closes. The length of soundtrack is critical to the synchronization as well, so we have professional sound engineer to compose a right soundtrack to fit the time frame of mouth movement and the personality of the dinosaur.
6. Will your dinosaur be waterproof?
Yes. Dinosaur is waterproof by coating silicone rubber through three times to five times. Control enclosures are all disguised in a fiberglass rock, the rock prevents the controller from rain. Applied sensors are waterproof, each sensor also is disguised in a small stone (fiberglass decoration).
7. How do you assure the quality of your dinosaur?
Qualification of Materials: we source pneumatic actuators from the Germany company FESTO(a worldwide leading supplier of pneumatic and electrical automation technology). The steels must be qualified for meeting requirements of the Chinese National Standard and must be free of inferiors. Electrical parts and components will be examined to exclude any defects.
Welds: our engineers will be dedicated to ensure a complete melting and interactions between the base material, filler material, and flux material. The site manager along with engineer superior will be responsible for inspecting the reliability of welding points. At the end of this stage, all welds will be free of defects such as: gas inclusions, lack of fusion, incomplete penetration, cracks, and non-metallic inclusions.
Frames Testing: we test frames upon the completion of mechanics and electrical controls, continous observation and record are required. If any issues are found during the process, we will correct it immdiately.
Electrical Safety Check: include ground resistance testing, insulation resistance testing, electrical strength testing, etc.
Finished Product Testing for 100 hours
8. What infrastructure are needed to operate the dinosaurs?
No special conditions are required as long as the power supply can be 110V or 220V. If there are strong winds often or periodically, concrete ground might be helpful to bury and firm the support frame of the large size dinosaur and prevent it being tripped over from high speed winds.
9. Payment term?
40% paid on full execution of the agreement to place an order;
45% prior to shipment to destination plus shipping fee (Note: the client will confirm whether the dinosaurs are produced as described before sending payment, otherwise we will re-work on the dinosaurs until the client is completely satisfied).
15% paid upon completion of installation and the sign of checklist (Note: the client checks all dinosaur exhibits one by one, a checklist will be signed once both parties acknowledge all dinosaurs are set up in working order as required).